Temporarily suspended for Lockdown 3 - January 2021
Any of our pottery can be painted at home using our Takeaway Kits. Simply
- choose your pottery,
- choose your paint colours (bright rainbow colours or pastels)
- choose to collect at the studio or have your kits delivered to your home (Wirral only)
- paint at home at your leisure, kits are on loan for one week
- either return your pottery to the studio for glazing and firing - or if we delivered it, we'll pick it up a week later for you
- we'll text when your pottery is ready to collect after it has been glazed and fired in the kiln
A few details
- You can select any pottery online to be taken and painted at home.
- The takeaway kit includes 12 small pots of colour in either bright rainbow or pastel shades. If you require more than a small amount of each colour you will need to purchase more of that colour, available in 1oz quantities.
- The takeaway kit is on loan for one week only and any unused colour must be returned to the studio. Any colours bought in addition to the kit are yours to keep to use on future projects.
- We will provide 2 brushes with each kit, one medium and one small size brush. If you need other sizes, you can buy them from us online or use whatever you have at home (as long as they haven't been used with glue or glitter or oil-based paints)
- Please look after your kit and return it in good order. The kit contains more paint than you will need and in most cases is worth more than the pottery - please be kind and look after our kits.
- The paints are actually water-based glazes and should only be used on our pottery.
- Please do not use any other paint on your pottery - it won't survive the kiln. Please, please, please don't add glitter!
- We include full instructions with each kit but we encourage you to ask us if you're not sure of anything at all. There's no such thing as a daft question!
- All pottery needs to be returned to the studio to be glazed and fired.
Orders can be placed and collected at the studio on any day that we're open.
We will be starting delivery again just before October half-term.
Orders placed up til 2pm on Friday will be delivered that evening.
Delivery is free for orders over £25 or £3 for orders less than this.
We will deliver on Friday evening and will pick up the following Saturday (1 week's painting time)
We will only deliver once a week to start off with - we'll monitor demand weekly though and adjust if necessary.
Kits can be kept longer than one week for £5 per kit, per week - payable before pottery is fired. Apologies for this, we don't want to do it but we can't afford to constantly be replacing kits that haven't been returned - we hope you understand.